Friday, February 19, 2010

Under The Lights... Ricky Bell



February has been good. So far it’s actually been the perfect balance of working, training, dancing and most recently climbing on beautiful boulders. I’ve been working on the ropes down at the Titanic Qtr, been doing some interesting jobs as opposed to the horrible window cleaning we were doing in Jan. Actually window cleaning is never that horrible when working with JK, Bergstein and Marshal. We’ve a bit of a competition at work at the mo to see who can do the biggest “720 delayed starfish spin” and try and land it on top of a lamp post. Nobody is close to sticking the lamp post exit yet but we’ll never give up.


I’ve trained quite a lot the last wee while, I’m glad to say that i’m completely over my finger injury. Only took 6 months, but the time has been we’ll spent in other areas. I’ve learnt a lot and seem more focused than I have been in a long time. Definitely stronger in my body.


Caravan Dan moved in with me for a few weeks cuz his caravan wet itself during the cold patch. I’ve eating more tea cakes and avocados in the last two weeks than ever before. I believe this too has made me stronger. We all went to see John Digweed in the Ulster Hall at the start of the month. Amazing night as usual with good friends. And fun was had by all.




I tried climbing on my project at the head. Abbed in then jugged straight back out. Route projects are definitely out of order for another month or so. But it was nice to get back on the line and get familiar again with the situation. That line really inspires me. I’ve been bouldering a lot recently at the Head. Starting to climb well again. I’ve felt a bit rusty or mentally like I’ve been a bit broken until my finger injury went away. But now it feels natural to climb again. I love it! I’ve always been psyched for bouldering at the head. But this winter psyche has been upped by the arrival off a wee generator that Marshal peer pressured me into buying. Best £50 nEVER spent. New problems have been opened, projects are getting attention and landings have been patio’d. Last weekend the Dubs (The Duffit, Kev and Chris ‘dark horse Rooney) came up. Swaily and Dan drove the camper up from Belfast and put the milk chocolate cream rice on the simmer and a few more of us quested into the boulders for a night session. We had about 15 pads too which was hilarious! Sat night was amazing, definitely one of the most surreal bouldering sessions I’ve ever had. We sacked it around midnight then drunk red wine in Swail’s van and sat about all day Sunday.



Ps - Hats off to Michelle for spotting Dan on his sketch ascent of Carbide. She would have got ‘1990 WWF stylee body slamed’ by the big Egyptian if he had of slid off. Also bon effort to the most psyched youth about, Jake on doing Homeward Bound pretty swifty like.


Here’s a wee vid filmed by Craig Hiller from the weekend.


Images are Craigy's aswell.


http://www.vimeo.com/9549303

Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment