Monday, April 12, 2010

Neil Mawson – Something different

After spending over 4 months in Spain and the whole summer last year sport climbing, I fancied changing my focus for a bit. After 2 weeks rest and recovery in February I spent the next 3 weeks training inside as the weather was very mixed. This was also much needed as I couldn’t pull on anything small after spending the winter swinging around on jugs in Spain. Once feeling a bit stronger I ventured outside to boulder on the peak limestone.



After a few sessions at Rubicon I did the problem Dancing Fish which is a left hand finish to Tsunami, a problem I’d done 18 months ago. I’ve had a few more sessions outside recently as the weather has been more stable, mainly at Ravens Tor. I’ve got a few projects that I’m close to and I’m keen to get to Parisella’s cave in Wales and the Bowderstone in the Lakes before changing my focus back to routes for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment