Thursday, July 8, 2010

steve mcclure - A new skill!!




I’ve been working on and off at this for years and never quite managed to be any good at it. Doing nothing!! I find it desperate. I like to be doing stuff and this is lucky as it burns off the 10000 calories of chocolate I eat for breakfast. However I thought I’d put the effort in and go on a ‘doing nothing’ training camp. A week beach holiday to Minorca. No climbing at all, no hills to run up, and loads of beaches, kids to look after, food to eat and beer to drink.
It looked scary! But after a day I found that it wasn’t so bad, and soon I was getting the hang of it. In fact I was beginning to wonder if actually I was a natural, an expert in the art of nothing. But of course it’s far from nothing. With a 3 year old and her mates there is no time to stop. I took a book and didn’t read a page! But there was zero exercise. So after a week off completely, and the previous week only working with no climbing I had to wonder what would happen.
Nothing! I am climbing exactly the same as always. Nothing is obviously the way forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment